My kids know me as “Mom” but I also want them to know I’m Jennifer, my own person, and I’ve been living my own life and learning from my experiences. I’m hoping this little journey of writing exercises will be something I can share with them someday, to help them get to know another side of me. So remember that fun post I wrote a few months back? A pretty cool project I started for my offspring documenting 30 things my kids should know about me? Well, pregnancy got the best of me and I didn’t quite get around to finishing it. But, May is the month of mother’s day, and I’m now a mom of two… KidS versus just one KID, so this has more meaning for me now. Not only that, but I was just approached by an awesome woman named Erica who helped bring these babies to the next level with her graphic design skills. Now I’ll be working on an 8×8 printable book the same time I’m blogging these… So two birds with one stone! And a great Mother’s Day gift for myself when it’s all done! Well, eventually for my kids but I’ll hang on to it til they can appreciate it.
I already shared 20 Random Facts About Myself but I’m sharing it again using the graphics for my book, and you can see how I used mine. Erica did her page much differently so there unlimited ways to go!
Here’s a preview of the graphics for week 1.
And once again, here’s the list of prompts. I’ll add my new links as I complete them. Let’s do this!
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Want to play along? I’d love to read your lists! Link to your blog journal in the comments!