The unthinkable happened this Sunday when my husband asked me to take a picture of Big T and him together.

“We match,” he told me with a smile.

I had just gone shopping the day before to load up on new clothes for our son. I’m all about consignment sales, and I was a preferred member who got to shop an hour before the store opened plus get 70% off already low prices.

Before I left he gave me requests.

“Don’t get him lame stuff,” he said. “Get him some tank tops and t-shirts, and if you see anything with sports teams on them, get those.”

Sports teams? He does realize who he’s talking to right?

“How am I suppose to know which teams you like?” I countered. “What if there’s a shirt for like the Colts, do you even like the Colts?”

My husband gave me a list of dos and don’ts that flew straight over my head like a baseball heading for the stands. He must have seen the blank look on my face because he amended his request.

“Just get any Texas teams, and t-shirts and tank tops.”

I thought the idea of a one year old in a tank top was one of the most hilarious things I had ever heard, but after seeing it on my little guy, I think he makes it look good.

I also picked up several other tops and shorts for this summer and next, as well as a blue Knicks shirt. No idea if my husband likes or hates the Nicks.

When I got home my hubs picked out the blue shirt and kaki shorts to match his outfit for the day, then gave me permission to photograph him.

If you know my husband you know this is a pretty big deal and a rare occurrence.

After about three clicks of the shutter, he was done. The moment was over. But I captured the sweetest image of the two of them. These two don’t have nearly as many photos together as my husband with Lil’ J, but we’re trying to catch up now.

He saw it and loved it, then asked me to email it to him, right away. So I did.

Father and son Father's Day Looking at this photo I see two gorgeous boys. One my son, and one my husband, and father of my children. My boys. I’m so lucky to have them both in my life.

I’m still working on the perfect Father’s Day gift. He’s the most difficult person ever to shop for, but I think we mostly have it covered. He’s had his eye on some new workout equipment, and I have an adorable Hallmark DAD frame that has a custom-cut picture coming. I’m thinking of printing the photo above to frame as well cause I love it. We also have a huge stack of cards to give him. And I foresee his favorite candy in his future.

Hallmark-Dad-Frame-ShutterflyWe met nearly 10 years ago and back then I had no idea what a great father he’d be. It’s funny thinking back to how much convincing it took for him to want to embark on fatherhood, considering how he’s embraced it. Our kids are blessed to have such a great dad. And I’m lucky to have such a great husband.

Father and DaughterWith my mom here now I’m hoping to have more time alone with this great guy myself. Date nights twice a month anyone? Yes please!

Hopefully my camera-shy hunkster will make these requests more often. I think the kids will love seeing pictures with their daddy when they’re older.

And I know this may be awkward but it’s ok, you can tell me you think my husband is hot. I promise I won’t be offended.

****

I’m partnering with Hallmark to share some of my life’s special moments and occasions. Some of the products featured in this post we selected, courtesy of Hallmark. All opinions are my own. You can find out more Father’s Day gifts for the man in your life by visiting Hallmark.com.

LIASO Footer

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “I am one lucky woman”

1. Iiona V says:

OMG! That pic if your son and hubby together is absolutely adorable!

2. Marcie says:

Now I HAVE to get one of these DAD frames – what a great idea!

3. Kristen says:

Awww…this made me tear up! Such a sweet tribute to a great dad! You are as talented at shopping as you are at taking photos.

4. Candace says:

This was the sweetest post! And that picture needs to be printed and hung ASAP! You and your adorables really are lucky to have him, hope he enjoys HIS day!

5. J says:

I LOVE that frame. I can’t seem to find it on the Hallmark site. Do you have a link? Or do I have to pick it up at my local store?

• Baby Making Mama says:

I love it too! Thanks! They have it at my local store. But if you click on the link I have beneath the frame you’ll see it. I couldn’t find it just navigating through Halmark.com either. Shutterfly also has them on their site.

6. jessica says:

I too, love consignment sales…I literally get super siked and spend my whole day there….it is like no other especially when you have multiple children to shop for. On a side note, love the post and the photos…I wish I had your photography skills!

7. Erika says:

T has your husband’s eyes Gorgeous family

8. river dance says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your weblog.
    You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Cheers!

Feel free to visit my web blog … river dance

CommentLuv badge

About Jennifer

On the air, I'm a part-time news reporter and anchor. Off the air, I'm a full-time wife and mother documenting my life in extraordinary ways, and inspiring others to do the same. This is the space where I share my journey in making beautiful memories with my beautiful babies.

My Youtube Videos

Words From The Heart

Featured Posts

iphone photo backup  photo photo-series.png365 baby photo project  photo Featured-posts.png  photo 20-minute-ruffle-dress.png

MyInstagrams

I've decided there are few things in life as adorable as watching a kid discover snow for the first time. My Texas kiddos froze their butts off but had a blast in Utah making snow angels and tubing. Of course in true paparazzi fashion I got it on video. New #ontheblog link in bio! #HeresToFirsts #MakingMemories #letitsnow
So very thankful for these three. And a rare family photo we captured today! #happythanksgiving
He's got snow in his fro! Today was the first time my kids saw and experienced snow and it was magical. We went tubing and again! was this guy's word of the day. #HeresToFirsts #makingmagicalmemories
These two... #icanteven. And yes, getting this picture was as torturous as you can imagine. My fam is trying something new this Christmas. Details on the blog. Link in bio!
Every year we pick out a new @hallmark Ornament. 2015 has been the year of Disney for my family. Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and in two weeks, a Disney Christmas Cruise. I could think of no better ornament than Mickey ears to be our family's keepsake on the tree this year. And it even sings! (My son quickly realized this... Oh boy) ?. #keepsakeit. #promo
I had no idea my husband would be such a hot Hook ?. #happyhalloween
This week I'm shooting a photography course on photographing children. Coming soon to a website near you! ?
This *may* be my favorite shoot to date. Lil' J was as playful as ever embodying her current favorite princess. All of the photos are now up on the blog. Plus a Q&A with Lil' J about the process. Link in bio. #dressupwithj #princesstiana #disneyside
It's a shame I'm her mom. This girl loves to cook SO much and I do not. But I'm resolving to make this something we can do together. Her bright, excited and happy face makes the kitchen much less gloomy for me. Check out these peanut butter banana bites she whipped up for her and her brother after school. Our new post #ontheblog! #peanutbutterhappy #makingfoodfun #ad
as-seen-on-button

Find me on Google Plus

Menu
menu
Best-of Motherhood Stories He Says / She Says Pre-Baby (TTC) Pregnancy Week by Week
Dinosaur train
A 3-Year-Old’s Birthday Party Dilemma
How to best help your kids when they're sick.
Proof Life Isn’t Always Pretty: From a Sleep-Deprived Not-So-New Mom
mommy and biracial son
In Case the 11 Years of Marriage and Two Kids Didn’t Make Me a Real Adult, I Finally Did This
Family History for Kids Family Traditions Interracial Marriage Mixed Hair Care Multiracial Parenting
When natural hair goes wrong: Sometimes strange things get caught in your hair. Nothing tops this.
Yes, I’m Black and No, You’re Not Colorblind (and That’s OK!)
When your biracial daughter says she wishes she was white: How to stay calm and work through the situation.
Do Little White Girls Ever Wish They Were Brown?
Vision Boards: How to host a vision board party and a tutorial for how to make a vision board to help all of your dreams come true! What a great way to ring in a 30th birthday!
Start Your 30’s The Right Way: How to Host a Vision Board Party
365 Ideas Home Video Tutorials Journal Prompts Photo Backup & Printing Tips Photography Tips
Selfie with sleeping kid
The Best Moments Aren’t Always Pretty
Cherish 365: The days are long but the years are short. A project to making moments last and cherish every day.
Knowing When to Cherish a Moment
Interracial family
Why the Cherish365 Project is My Secret to Impeccable Patience
Family Videos Keepsake Inspiration Love Letters Photo Series Questions For Our Kids
Selfie with sleeping kid
The Best Moments Aren’t Always Pretty
Knowing When to Cherish a Moment
Interracial family
Why the Cherish365 Project is My Secret to Impeccable Patience
Creating With Kids (DIY) Disney Family Travel Making Food Fun
How awesome! A super easy tutorial for making DIY wall train tracks. Perfect for any little train lover!
Train Room DIY Wall Train Tracks
Things to do on a Disney Cruise
12 Things I’ll Do Differently on Our Next Disney Cruise
Disney gift bag and stocking stuffer craft.
Easy DIY Disney Gift Idea: Baymax Bubbles and Chocolate