The unthinkable happened this Sunday when my husband asked me to take a picture of Big T and him together.

“We match,” he told me with a smile.

I had just gone shopping the day before to load up on new clothes for our son. I’m all about consignment sales, and I was a preferred member who got to shop an hour before the store opened plus get 70% off already low prices.

Before I left he gave me requests.

“Don’t get him lame stuff,” he said. “Get him some tank tops and t-shirts, and if you see anything with sports teams on them, get those.”

Sports teams? He does realize who he’s talking to right?

“How am I suppose to know which teams you like?” I countered. “What if there’s a shirt for like the Colts, do you even like the Colts?”

My husband gave me a list of dos and don’ts that flew straight over my head like a baseball heading for the stands. He must have seen the blank look on my face because he amended his request.

“Just get any Texas teams, and t-shirts and tank tops.”

I thought the idea of a one year old in a tank top was one of the most hilarious things I had ever heard, but after seeing it on my little guy, I think he makes it look good.

I also picked up several other tops and shorts for this summer and next, as well as a blue Knicks shirt. No idea if my husband likes or hates the Nicks.

When I got home my hubs picked out the blue shirt and kaki shorts to match his outfit for the day, then gave me permission to photograph him.

If you know my husband you know this is a pretty big deal and a rare occurrence.

After about three clicks of the shutter, he was done. The moment was over. But I captured the sweetest image of the two of them. These two don’t have nearly as many photos together as my husband with Lil’ J, but we’re trying to catch up now.

He saw it and loved it, then asked me to email it to him, right away. So I did.

Father and son Father's Day Looking at this photo I see two gorgeous boys. One my son, and one my husband, and father of my children. My boys. I’m so lucky to have them both in my life.

I’m still working on the perfect Father’s Day gift. He’s the most difficult person ever to shop for, but I think we mostly have it covered. He’s had his eye on some new workout equipment, and I have an adorable Hallmark DAD frame that has a custom-cut picture coming. I’m thinking of printing the photo above to frame as well cause I love it. We also have a huge stack of cards to give him. And I foresee his favorite candy in his future.

Hallmark-Dad-Frame-ShutterflyWe met nearly 10 years ago and back then I had no idea what a great father he’d be. It’s funny thinking back to how much convincing it took for him to want to embark on fatherhood, considering how he’s embraced it. Our kids are blessed to have such a great dad. And I’m lucky to have such a great husband.

Father and DaughterWith my mom here now I’m hoping to have more time alone with this great guy myself. Date nights twice a month anyone? Yes please!

Hopefully my camera-shy hunkster will make these requests more often. I think the kids will love seeing pictures with their daddy when they’re older.

And I know this may be awkward but it’s ok, you can tell me you think my husband is hot. I promise I won’t be offended.

****

I’m partnering with Hallmark to share some of my life’s special moments and occasions. Some of the products featured in this post we selected, courtesy of Hallmark. All opinions are my own. You can find out more Father’s Day gifts for the man in your life by visiting Hallmark.com.

LIASO Footer

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “I am one lucky woman”

1. Iiona V says:

OMG! That pic if your son and hubby together is absolutely adorable!

2. Marcie says:

Now I HAVE to get one of these DAD frames – what a great idea!

3. Kristen says:

Awww…this made me tear up! Such a sweet tribute to a great dad! You are as talented at shopping as you are at taking photos.
    Kristen recently posted..5 Reasons Why Childbirth is Easier Than Feeding Your KidsMy Profile

4. Candace says:

This was the sweetest post! And that picture needs to be printed and hung ASAP! You and your adorables really are lucky to have him, hope he enjoys HIS day!
    Candace recently posted..The Laundry Can WaitMy Profile

5. J says:

I LOVE that frame. I can’t seem to find it on the Hallmark site. Do you have a link? Or do I have to pick it up at my local store?
    J recently posted..DIY Monday: The best laid plans.My Profile

• Baby Making Mama says:

I love it too! Thanks! They have it at my local store. But if you click on the link I have beneath the frame you’ll see it. I couldn’t find it just navigating through Halmark.com either. Shutterfly also has them on their site.

6. jessica says:

I too, love consignment sales…I literally get super siked and spend my whole day there….it is like no other especially when you have multiple children to shop for. On a side note, love the post and the photos…I wish I had your photography skills!
    jessica recently posted..Anniversary and Award CeremonyMy Profile

7. Erika says:

T has your husband’s eyes Gorgeous family
    Erika recently posted..It’s OverMy Profile

8. river dance says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your weblog.
    You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Cheers!

Feel free to visit my web blog … river dance
    river dance recently posted..river danceMy Profile

CommentLuv badge

About Jennifer

On the air, I'm a freelance news reporter and anchor. Off the air, I'm a wife and mother documenting my life in extraordinary ways, and inspiring others to do the same. This is the space where I share my journey in making beautiful memories with my beautiful babies.

Connect with Me

youtubeinstagram

Search

photo Featured-posts.png

Featured Posts

My YouTube Videos

MyInstagrams

My little artist enjoying her new outdoor chalkboard made by my talented friend! #sunnysaturday #littleartist #fortheloveofpallets.
Snoop Dog. #snoopdog #boysbestfriend thanks for the sweet pic @smogenhan!
Surprise!! I'm speaking at Blogalicious today. Catch me with @harlemlovebirds talking about overcoming your haters. #BeGreatB6
The other day she was asked who is sillier... Mommy or Daddy. Daddy was the clear victor (apparently I'm not even silly). It's so fun watching these two interact and seeing their daddy/daughter bond grow. I captured a video of these two and shared it #ontheblog. (It'll probably be the only time my husband ever lets me put him on YouTube. Don't miss this rare occasion). Link in bio.
I bought this #superspinner a few weeks ago and the kids play on it every day. Can you guess which one likes it more? #makingmemories
Scary face with her scary Halloween treats. #TealPumpkinProject.
Any excuse to dance. #LifeIsASpecialOccasion #makingmemories #hallmark #halloween
When you bring your child to work at a news station, there's a good chance she'll be introduced to inappropriate things. #braverthani #happyhalloween
I didn't know what I had captured until I uploaded them on my computer. This is my new favorite picture of my kids together. And sums up today's post pretty well. Kids learn by playing. + 4 more development lessons I've learned the hard way. Check it out #ontheblog. Link in bio. PS: there's a super cute #giveaway just for commenting. Good luck! #FPInsiders

Blog Button