The unthinkable happened this Sunday when my husband asked me to take a picture of Big T and him together.

“We match,” he told me with a smile.

I had just gone shopping the day before to load up on new clothes for our son. I’m all about consignment sales, and I was a preferred member who got to shop an hour before the store opened plus get 70% off already low prices.

Before I left he gave me requests.

“Don’t get him lame stuff,” he said. “Get him some tank tops and t-shirts, and if you see anything with sports teams on them, get those.”

Sports teams? He does realize who he’s talking to right?

“How am I suppose to know which teams you like?” I countered. “What if there’s a shirt for like the Colts, do you even like the Colts?”

My husband gave me a list of dos and don’ts that flew straight over my head like a baseball heading for the stands. He must have seen the blank look on my face because he amended his request.

“Just get any Texas teams, and t-shirts and tank tops.”

I thought the idea of a one year old in a tank top was one of the most hilarious things I had ever heard, but after seeing it on my little guy, I think he makes it look good.

I also picked up several other tops and shorts for this summer and next, as well as a blue Knicks shirt. No idea if my husband likes or hates the Nicks.

When I got home my hubs picked out the blue shirt and kaki shorts to match his outfit for the day, then gave me permission to photograph him.

If you know my husband you know this is a pretty big deal and a rare occurrence.

After about three clicks of the shutter, he was done. The moment was over. But I captured the sweetest image of the two of them. These two don’t have nearly as many photos together as my husband with Lil’ J, but we’re trying to catch up now.

He saw it and loved it, then asked me to email it to him, right away. So I did.

Father and son Father's Day Looking at this photo I see two gorgeous boys. One my son, and one my husband, and father of my children. My boys. I’m so lucky to have them both in my life.

I’m still working on the perfect Father’s Day gift. He’s the most difficult person ever to shop for, but I think we mostly have it covered. He’s had his eye on some new workout equipment, and I have an adorable Hallmark DAD frame that has a custom-cut picture coming. I’m thinking of printing the photo above to frame as well cause I love it. We also have a huge stack of cards to give him. And I foresee his favorite candy in his future.

Hallmark-Dad-Frame-ShutterflyWe met nearly 10 years ago and back then I had no idea what a great father he’d be. It’s funny thinking back to how much convincing it took for him to want to embark on fatherhood, considering how he’s embraced it. Our kids are blessed to have such a great dad. And I’m lucky to have such a great husband.

Father and DaughterWith my mom here now I’m hoping to have more time alone with this great guy myself. Date nights twice a month anyone? Yes please!

Hopefully my camera-shy hunkster will make these requests more often. I think the kids will love seeing pictures with their daddy when they’re older.

And I know this may be awkward but it’s ok, you can tell me you think my husband is hot. I promise I won’t be offended.

I’m partnering with Hallmark to share some of my life’s special moments and occasions. Some of the products featured in this post we selected, courtesy of Hallmark. All opinions are my own. You can find out more Father’s Day gifts for the man in your life by visiting

LIASO Footer

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “I am one lucky woman”

1. Iiona V says:

OMG! That pic if your son and hubby together is absolutely adorable!

2. Marcie says:

Now I HAVE to get one of these DAD frames – what a great idea!

3. Kristen says:

Awww…this made me tear up! Such a sweet tribute to a great dad! You are as talented at shopping as you are at taking photos.
    Kristen recently posted..5 Reasons Why Childbirth is Easier Than Feeding Your KidsMy Profile

4. Candace says:

This was the sweetest post! And that picture needs to be printed and hung ASAP! You and your adorables really are lucky to have him, hope he enjoys HIS day!
    Candace recently posted..The Laundry Can WaitMy Profile

5. J says:

I LOVE that frame. I can’t seem to find it on the Hallmark site. Do you have a link? Or do I have to pick it up at my local store?
    J recently posted..DIY Monday: The best laid plans.My Profile

• Baby Making Mama says:

I love it too! Thanks! They have it at my local store. But if you click on the link I have beneath the frame you’ll see it. I couldn’t find it just navigating through either. Shutterfly also has them on their site.

6. jessica says:

I too, love consignment sales…I literally get super siked and spend my whole day there….it is like no other especially when you have multiple children to shop for. On a side note, love the post and the photos…I wish I had your photography skills!
    jessica recently posted..Anniversary and Award CeremonyMy Profile

7. Erika says:

T has your husband’s eyes Gorgeous family
    Erika recently posted..It’s OverMy Profile

8. river dance says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your weblog.
    You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Feel free to visit my web blog … river dance
    river dance recently posted..river danceMy Profile

CommentLuv badge

About Jennifer

On the air, I'm a part-time news reporter and anchor. Off the air, I'm a full-time wife and mother documenting my life in extraordinary ways, and inspiring others to do the same. This is the space where I share my journey in making beautiful memories with my beautiful babies.

My Youtube Videos

Words From The Heart

Featured Posts

iphone photo backup  photo photo-series.png365 baby photo project  photo Featured-posts.png  photo 20-minute-ruffle-dress.png

My two little loves. She is a huge cuddler. He is not (with her). It's rare I catch a reluctant embrace. #siblinglove
I've given up on trying to get this kid to sit still for photos. But I love capturing his spirit and energy the way it is. Sharing tips for photographing active kids #ontheblog. Plus more photos of our kite adventure on @tampicoofficial's #tampicoiscolor blog! Link in bio.
Thought I brought my phone for music, glad I had it to snap this. Capture those family traditions no matter how small. Love this little family of mine. We may be small but we are mighty, and I feel so blessed to these three in my life. #familiesareforever #familywalk #lovetheview #makingmemories #familyhistorian
My little blessing. I love watching her do what she loves. I'm sure her interests will evolve over the years. But I love this phase. New post #ontheblog. Link in bio.
Little brother's turn to take a stab at school. Goodness, I adore them. #firstdayofschool #siblinglove
First week of school was a success! Lil' J loves kindergarten and can't wait to go back Monday. Meanwhile I'm excited to sleep in this weekend. I documented the highlights in photos and video and just shared the best bits #ontheblog. Link in bio. #backtoschool
Good sisters help you get a drink. The best sisters give you more than you asked for. #makingmemories
She invited her brother for tea. I had to document. #makingmemories
So ready to be done with diapers but dreading that which is known as potty training. Sharing what I learned with #1 and taking tips for #2 on the blog. Direct link in bio.

Find me on Google Plus

Best-of Motherhood Stories He Says / She Says Pre-Baby (TTC) Pregnancy Week by Week
Swinging son active biracial boy
I Didn’t Think Having a Son Would Feel Like This
birth baby t3
Pros and cons of having another baby
seventh generation handwashing ways to stay healthy during cold season
Confession: I’m ‘That Mom’ You Hate During Cold Season
Family History for Kids Family Traditions Interracial Marriage Mixed Hair Care Multiracial Parenting
Tips for washing biracial hair
Well, it Turns Out Black People CAN Get Lice
family photo
Here’s the Problem with Racism Today and How We Can Solve it
I See Me My Very Own Trucks Book
3 Special Surprises for My Train-Loving Child
365 Ideas Home Video Tutorials Journal Prompts Photo Backup & Printing Tips Photography Tips
Kids MLK Day I have a Dream Craft
Life is Messy But So Beautiful
One Reason to Want One More: Tips for Photographing Your Newborn
how to photograph active kids
Active kids. Priceless details. No blur: How to photograph kids in motion
Family Videos Keepsake Inspiration Love Letters Photo Series Questions For Our Kids
You’ll Never Guess What Got This Girl to Swim
Whimsical Disney Photography: UP House photos of adorable siblings
Up & Away at the Pixar Up House
Tips for surviving the first week of school
10 Important Lessons I learned After the First Week of School
Creating With Kids (DIY) Disney Family Travel Making Food Fun
Whimsical Disney Photography: UP House photos of adorable siblings
Up & Away at the Pixar Up House
Teaching our kids to dream big: The importance of sometimes letting them be a bit delusional, and how it can help them succeed in life.
My parents let me be delusional, and I’m so glad they did
Three generations at Disney World