The unthinkable happened this Sunday when my husband asked me to take a picture of Big T and him together.

“We match,” he told me with a smile.

I had just gone shopping the day before to load up on new clothes for our son. I’m all about consignment sales, and I was a preferred member who got to shop an hour before the store opened plus get 70% off already low prices.

Before I left he gave me requests.

“Don’t get him lame stuff,” he said. “Get him some tank tops and t-shirts, and if you see anything with sports teams on them, get those.”

Sports teams? He does realize who he’s talking to right?

“How am I suppose to know which teams you like?” I countered. “What if there’s a shirt for like the Colts, do you even like the Colts?”

My husband gave me a list of dos and don’ts that flew straight over my head like a baseball heading for the stands. He must have seen the blank look on my face because he amended his request.

“Just get any Texas teams, and t-shirts and tank tops.”

I thought the idea of a one year old in a tank top was one of the most hilarious things I had ever heard, but after seeing it on my little guy, I think he makes it look good.

I also picked up several other tops and shorts for this summer and next, as well as a blue Knicks shirt. No idea if my husband likes or hates the Nicks.

When I got home my hubs picked out the blue shirt and kaki shorts to match his outfit for the day, then gave me permission to photograph him.

If you know my husband you know this is a pretty big deal and a rare occurrence.

After about three clicks of the shutter, he was done. The moment was over. But I captured the sweetest image of the two of them. These two don’t have nearly as many photos together as my husband with Lil’ J, but we’re trying to catch up now.

He saw it and loved it, then asked me to email it to him, right away. So I did.

Father and son Father's Day Looking at this photo I see two gorgeous boys. One my son, and one my husband, and father of my children. My boys. I’m so lucky to have them both in my life.

I’m still working on the perfect Father’s Day gift. He’s the most difficult person ever to shop for, but I think we mostly have it covered. He’s had his eye on some new workout equipment, and I have an adorable Hallmark DAD frame that has a custom-cut picture coming. I’m thinking of printing the photo above to frame as well cause I love it. We also have a huge stack of cards to give him. And I foresee his favorite candy in his future.

Hallmark-Dad-Frame-ShutterflyWe met nearly 10 years ago and back then I had no idea what a great father he’d be. It’s funny thinking back to how much convincing it took for him to want to embark on fatherhood, considering how he’s embraced it. Our kids are blessed to have such a great dad. And I’m lucky to have such a great husband.

Father and DaughterWith my mom here now I’m hoping to have more time alone with this great guy myself. Date nights twice a month anyone? Yes please!

Hopefully my camera-shy hunkster will make these requests more often. I think the kids will love seeing pictures with their daddy when they’re older.

And I know this may be awkward but it’s ok, you can tell me you think my husband is hot. I promise I won’t be offended.

****

I’m partnering with Hallmark to share some of my life’s special moments and occasions. Some of the products featured in this post we selected, courtesy of Hallmark. All opinions are my own. You can find out more Father’s Day gifts for the man in your life by visiting Hallmark.com.

LIASO Footer

Tags: , ,

9 Responses to “I am one lucky woman”

1. Iiona V says:

OMG! That pic if your son and hubby together is absolutely adorable!

2. Marcie says:

Now I HAVE to get one of these DAD frames – what a great idea!

3. Kristen says:

Awww…this made me tear up! Such a sweet tribute to a great dad! You are as talented at shopping as you are at taking photos.
    Kristen recently posted..5 Reasons Why Childbirth is Easier Than Feeding Your KidsMy Profile

4. Candace says:

This was the sweetest post! And that picture needs to be printed and hung ASAP! You and your adorables really are lucky to have him, hope he enjoys HIS day!
    Candace recently posted..The Laundry Can WaitMy Profile

5. J says:

I LOVE that frame. I can’t seem to find it on the Hallmark site. Do you have a link? Or do I have to pick it up at my local store?
    J recently posted..DIY Monday: The best laid plans.My Profile

• Baby Making Mama says:

I love it too! Thanks! They have it at my local store. But if you click on the link I have beneath the frame you’ll see it. I couldn’t find it just navigating through Halmark.com either. Shutterfly also has them on their site.

6. jessica says:

I too, love consignment sales…I literally get super siked and spend my whole day there….it is like no other especially when you have multiple children to shop for. On a side note, love the post and the photos…I wish I had your photography skills!
    jessica recently posted..Anniversary and Award CeremonyMy Profile

7. Erika says:

T has your husband’s eyes Gorgeous family
    Erika recently posted..It’s OverMy Profile

8. river dance says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article writer for your weblog.
    You have some really good articles and I think I would be a good asset.
    If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Cheers!

Feel free to visit my web blog … river dance
    river dance recently posted..river danceMy Profile

CommentLuv badge

About Jennifer

On the air, I'm a freelance news reporter and anchor. Off the air, I'm a wife and mother documenting my life in extraordinary ways, and inspiring others to do the same. This is the space where I share my journey in making beautiful memories with my beautiful babies.

My Youtube Videos

Words From The Heart

Featured Posts

iphone photo backup  photo photo-series.png365 baby photo project  photo Featured-posts.png  photo 20-minute-ruffle-dress.png

MyInstagrams

Can you believe less than 50 years ago our interracial marriage would have been illegal in 16 states? New on the blog I'm discussing Loving Day and teaching our children to not let fear and hatred hold them back. #LovingDay #makingstrongroots direct link in bio.
LOVE the Disney traditions my daughter and I are forming. They are moments I know I'll always cherish. New photos in our Disney Princess photo series on the blog. This week its our take on Rapunzel. Direct link in bio. #dressupwithj
Tip for capturing big events: If there's a practice/ dress rehearsal get all your photos and videos in then so you can sit back and enjoy the show on the big day. I was a 2-camera wielding mama today going crazy behind the scenes. I'm leaving them at home this weekend and just getting a good seat. #photography #phototip #makingmomentslast
A blog reader told me as she read my latest post, her 4-year-old son came over her shoulder and asked what we were doing. She said Lil' J was just hanging out with her mommy then said look, they have matching headbands! And he said yea, and they have matching faces too. So sweet! And my daughter would agree. Direct link to how she's currently self-identifying as a biracial child in my bio. #biracial #multiracial #family - Cute matching headbands from @stitchedontheave.
My biracial daughter proudly explained to me how she's a little pink like daddy and a little brown like mommy. I hope that it doesn’t come to this but if/when there are days she’s called too light or too dark, I want her to remember who she is and this conversation. The full story is new #ontheblog today. Direct link in bio. #makingstrongroots #makingstrongchildren. And her super cute shorts and headband are from @stitchedontheave! #brandrep
So FREAKING excited to be partnering with @canonusa  To share some of my photography tips. I'm also giving the scoop on the benefits of having a DSLR and sharing some of my favorite photos that happen to be moments I wouldn't have been able to capture the same without it. All new on the blog today. Link in bio. #BringIt
This little guy was my assistant photographer this week. We got some creative angles on video while he held the GoPro. And THEN the poor guy came down with his first stomach bug the next day. I was pretty dramatic, but we survived. Then I journaled it all so we won't forget the hilarity. Just shared on the blog. Link in bio. #makingmemories
I am now the proud owner of a selfie stick. And not even a little bit ashamed. I mean, how else can you get random family portraits in 2 seconds? Tiny, portable, and it's great for video too! Currently trying to rig my camcorder to it. I'll let you know how that goes. #selfiesunday #selfiestick #makingmemoriesbeautiful
The sun finally came out today so I'm capitalizing and starting a project that's been on my mind for a long long time. The grass is still wet and we all slipped in the mud but we had a good time together. Can't wait to get this show on the road! #4CanonsAndAGoPro #makingmemoriesbeautiful
as-seen-on-button

Find me on Google Plus

Menu
menu
Best-of Motherhood Stories He Says / She Says Pre-Baby (TTC) Pregnancy Week by Week
What kids think of big families.
Big Families: He Says/ She Says
A prayer for my daughter as she starts Kindergarten.
A Prayer for My Daughter as She Starts Kindergarten
getting kids to sleep in their own room
30 Tricks to Get Your Kids to Sleep in Their Own Bed
Family History for Kids Family Traditions Interracial Marriage Mixed Hair Care Multiracial Parenting
A prayer for my daughter as she starts Kindergarten.
A Prayer for My Daughter as She Starts Kindergarten
mommy-and-me-natural hairjpg
Why I Stopped Straightening My Hair
birthday-girl-3
When do birthdays become less bitter and more sweet?
365 Ideas Home Video Tutorials Journal Prompts Photo Backup & Printing Tips Photography Tips
Dance-Recital
We Survived Our First Dance Recital & Tips to Get the Best Event Photos
family-video-pic
Welcome to Baby Making Machine 2.0!
moments I would have missed featured image collage
10 Moments I Would Have Missed Without a DSLR Camera
Family Videos Keepsake Inspiration Love Letters Photo Series Questions For Our Kids
Copy of Copy of My Little
Sleeping Beauty at Her Disneyland Castle: My Little Princess
Potty training and handy uses for wipes
My Dread of Potty Training a Boy
4-year-old on roller coaster
Watch My 4-Year-Old Overcome Her Fear
Creating With Kids (DIY) Disney Family Travel Making Food Fun
Copy of Copy of My Little
Sleeping Beauty at Her Disneyland Castle: My Little Princess
Disneyland vs Walt Disney World: A quick comparison about the differences between the two theme parks.
Disneyland vs Disney World Which is Better? 10 Reasons to Consider One Over the Other
Disney-nerd-featured-image